Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!

HomePublicationsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12

Share | 

The meaning of life the universe and everything!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elfie Dumbledore
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!
Retired Headmistress : Mick, Snape, The Doctor and Edward Cullen - the men in my life!!

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-21
Number of posts : 15397
Real First Name : Sharon
Warning :
1 / 31 / 3

House : I didn't retire...I surrendered!
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
100 / 700100 / 700

PostSubject: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Fri Dec 22 2006, 15:57

What is your concept on the meaning of life? Whether depthful or not, we would love to hear it!

Check out my brand new book blog: http://elfie-books.blogspot.co.uk

My special daughter sent from my special dad in heaven
I will love you forever dad...I miss you more than words can say

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com
Fated4HP
5th Year
5th Year

Male
Regist. date : 2006-03-05
Number of posts : 5918
Location : Embraced by the dark side, found only in shadows of my evil mind!
Real First Name : Jesse
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : SLYTHERIN
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Sun Dec 24 2006, 03:18

Well my take on the meaning of life:

Life was given to us by some means and whether we think from a religious point or a pure scientific one we all agree. The meaning of life is to let us live.

I think of in both ways. First, I think there are higher powers and whether they are a god or just a power of mystery- one thing is clear. They want us to live. Sometimes, we take for granted that we breathe and that life is just there. We forget about the important things and whine over small stuff.

The meaning of life is to exist. To exist we must have life. We have to breathe, learn, function, think, try things, and accept it. We've been given a life, a soul that we can control. We are responsible for our own actions.

Another part I think of is the What ifs. What if we're like a 'SIM' controlled by a greater force.
On that game we control the sim but we also allow them to chat right? and mingle and play? And they have wants and needs too right?

I sort of think in that mindset when it comes to life.

In a sense, we are 'SIMS' . Think about this for a moment. There is someone who created us in a 'body shop or rather a soul shop' and we were born into a family-This is the Create a Family function of our beginning of life.

Asperations- We have those in life. What we want out of life in the end is just like the game. We have to work for it, endure good and bad and strive to do what we can with our life to fulfill our needs and wants.

Now, I'll look at it from a religious view. God created the heavens and the earth-the universe and he created man. He breathed life into Adam, and created Eve and from there began to cycle of Life.

Life and it's meaning can be seen in many ways, from many sides.

From a medical view, we have Life cuz we're breathing, our hearts are beating and we have electronic pulses going through our brains.

There are many ways of interpreting the meaning of life but these are my views on it. And I'll stop here before I write a whole book on the subject.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
romance lover
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-28
Number of posts : 3925
Real First Name : Jess
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Slytherin
Crest :
Award Bar :
10 / 70010 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Sun Dec 24 2006, 23:11

( I didnt read all of what Jesse said)

My meaning wont be as many words.. heh.. Life and the universe all revolves around time. Having the right timing- the wrong timing, Wasting time-Gaining time- being wise with it- being stupid with it. It all revolves around time.

I mean ok theres simple awnsers like Love.. and yes life revolves around the love thats brought into it.. but love is most definately dependant on time. Having the right timing is crucial. Missing the train could mean missing the chance to meet your one true love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/sweet_tart_barbie_7
amberg93
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year
Deputy Head : Gryffindor HoH : Arithmancy & Arts & Muggle Studies Professor : 5th Year

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-11
Number of posts : 16910
Real First Name : Amber/Amby :D
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Gryffindor!
Crest :
Award Bar :
391 / 700391 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Mon Dec 25 2006, 18:17

I think that the meaning of life is much too much to be understood by humans, people say they know the meaning of life, but how can they? Every person is complex so each persons views on life must be as complex as they are so how can anyone possibly know the true meaning of life?

I think that the complexity would be far too much for any one person to listen to let alone comprehend it.

so yeah XD thats my view on the matter XD

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.heartofamerica.proboards49.com
Siriusly Smooth
1st Year
1st Year

Male
Regist. date : 2006-11-26
Number of posts : 277
Real First Name : Austin
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Mon Dec 25 2006, 19:06

THe answer to life, the universe, and everything? 42

But I agree with Amby. The meaning of life is too complex and far out and incalculable (is that a word?) to be able to put it in this post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Maiden
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2006-12-28
Number of posts : 45
Real First Name : Diana
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Thu Jan 04 2007, 12:55

Hitch hykers guide! lol

I don't think that anyone can really give a meaning to life specifically as it is different for each and every one of us. I think the answer being 42 is just simply perfect!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rip_dogfather
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-22
Number of posts : 1231
Real First Name : Becky
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Gryffindor
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Fri Jan 05 2007, 12:55

42 is a great meaning. Cos no-one knows how that explains life, becasue no-one can actually explain it. It's too complex, so something so simple as 42 is perfect.

But i think if we all watched monty python's meaning of life we'd all understand it better :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bexythepirate
romance lover
1st Year
1st Year

Female
Regist. date : 2006-02-28
Number of posts : 3925
Real First Name : Jess
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Slytherin
Crest :
Award Bar :
10 / 70010 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Sat Jan 13 2007, 17:11

I HAVE IT RIGHT HERE THE REAL MEANING OF LIFE:

mountain due... LOL jk.. no I still say time.. I dont understand 42 at all but to go along with ambys.. when I say time.. I dont mean Thats why were are HERE I just mean thats what life revolves around, is time. Maybe thats not the meaning now is it? hmm.... well my theory on what life revolves around: is time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/sweet_tart_barbie_7
polly
3rd Year
3rd Year

Female
Regist. date : 2006-03-12
Number of posts : 10718
Real First Name : Polly
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw!
Crest :
Wand : Hawthorn and Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
11 / 70011 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Mon Jun 18 2007, 12:24

The meaning of life the universe and everthing is Harry Potter duh! god lol!
Well actually I think thay our purpose is to reproduce. So if we take a bird for example they grow up try to find a mate, mate with that mate help there young grow and mate some more untill they stop and then die. The same thing happens with humans.
When someone walks down the street and you think there hot or cute you are actually having animal like instincts and would proberly want to mate with them. We are all whore to be honest wanting to mate with all differnt types of people.
But becuase of our highly developed brains we are able to put more emotion into the thing and instead of it all just being sex we create this emotion of love.

Soooooooooo yeh thats what i think soooo Th meaning of life the universe and everything is to reproduce well thats what i think anyway. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephy
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater
Head Girl : 5th Year : Death Eater

Female
Regist. date : 2006-06-03
Number of posts : 30328
Real First Name : Stephanie, Polly calls me Stephums, Kim calls me Steffie and among others Im either mommy or granny
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : ravenclaw
Crest :
Wand : Walnut & Phoenix Tail Feather
Award Bar :
85 / 70085 / 700

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life the universe and everything!!   Sun Jul 15 2007, 23:09

life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what your gonna get

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/oddie_faneenala

The meaning of life the universe and everything!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1