Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience

Come share the Magic and remember: Never tickle a Purple Hippo!
 
HomePublicationsCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistHogwarts QuillLog in
Announcement Board
Check the news/announcements/updated thread HERE
Please be patient while HE is undergoing some major changes, we're trying to improve it for a new era.

YEAR 12



Share | 
 

 Hermionegeek123

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
avatar

Female
Country :
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Age : 25
Location : Ra-Ra-Ra-Raaaaavenclaw Tower
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest :
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
93 / 70093 / 700


PostSubject: Hermionegeek123   Sun Jul 19 2009, 17:02

Welcome to the maze, Gordon!

You find yourself at the beginning of a huge maze composed of gigantic green hedges. Using your knowledge of spells, especially Charms, you must find a way out of this maze. Numerous obstacles will be presented to you and they need to be passed in order for you to move on through the maze. Tall leafy walls rise up on both sides of you. The sun shines brightly and there's nothing in sight... at the moment. Step into the maze and begin this adventure. Remember to role-play your actions, show your knowledge of spells and charms, and to be creative. Your first obstacle will follow your first post. There will be ten total challenges for you to complete before you're done.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Hermionegeek123
1st Year
1st Year
avatar

Male
Country :
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 50
Age : 20
Location : The great white north
Real First Name : Gordon
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw the smartest of them all!!!
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Mon Jul 20 2009, 00:15

Gordon stepped into the maze not knowing what to expect. He drew his wand slowly and nervously, He had never done anything like this before. In truth his friends had dared him to go in. Gordon slowly walked forwards through the maze getting more nervous with every step.*snap* "AHHH"screamed Gordon "Oh, I stepped on a twig". He approuched the first fork. Right or left? Gordon could see sunlight streaming throught the maze to the left and only darkness to the right. He decided that in the movies the pleasant and easy seeming path is usually the one that leads people to their death so he took the right one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
avatar

Female
Country :
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Age : 25
Location : Ra-Ra-Ra-Raaaaavenclaw Tower
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest :
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
93 / 70093 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Mon Jul 20 2009, 16:39

An odd wooshing is heard as Gordon walks into the darkness, and before he knows it he is being swept into a gigantic whirlwind! The wind knocks him into the hedges as it pulls him to the center and he can't see a thing! Can he escape before it sucks him in completely?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Hermionegeek123
1st Year
1st Year
avatar

Male
Country :
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 50
Age : 20
Location : The great white north
Real First Name : Gordon
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw the smartest of them all!!!
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Mon Jul 20 2009, 16:59

Gordon was just walking along when he got swept into a bush. Panicking he uses the first spell that comes to his mind."Pluvia!!" Gordon yelled pointing his wand at the sky. Suddenly it started raining. "oh wonderful" said Gordon getting pulled farther and farther into the hedge. "Tardus sedo ventus" the wind stopped but he was still stuck in the bush. "Pluvia subsisto. That should take care of the rain now to get out of this hedge." "sero patefacio." The hedge opened up and Gordon stepped out. "Ahh, I'm out" Gordon said pointing his wand at his robes. "Tergeo" His robes were instantly cleaned leaving them slightly smoking. Gordon walked forward still frightened at what he might find but more confident.





Latin = English

Pluvia = Rain
Tardus sedo ventus = slow calm wind
Pluvia subsisto = Rain stop
Sero patefacio = Plant open
Tergeo = Clean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
avatar

Female
Country :
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Age : 25
Location : Ra-Ra-Ra-Raaaaavenclaw Tower
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest :
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
93 / 70093 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Mon Jul 20 2009, 17:16

Woo! You've passed your first test!

Gordon safely continues on and isn't interrupted in his walk for a few minutes, although the ground beneath him is slowly getting muddier. He is soon ankle-deep in a bog, still guarded by hedges on either side. And...what was that that just brushed against his foot? He peers into the bog and sees a kappa glaring up at him before it latches onto his leg. More kappas come out of the bog - can he rid himself of them before they drag him into the water?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Hermionegeek123
1st Year
1st Year
avatar

Male
Country :
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 50
Age : 20
Location : The great white north
Real First Name : Gordon
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw the smartest of them all!!!
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Mon Jul 20 2009, 17:59

As soon as he saw the kappa he screamed while trying to remember how to kill it."kappa...kappa..kappa...I got it." Gordon whipped out his wand and he felt it slip from his hand "NOOOOOO" he screamed as it fell into the bog. He shouved his hand in franticly searching for his wand all the while being pulled into the water by the kappa. He found his wand but another kappa grabbed his arm. Gordon saw a cucumber floating in the water with somebody elses name engraved on it. With his free hand he grabbed it, used his fingernail to engrave his name on it. He tossed it near the kappa that was on his arm and immediatly it went for the cucumber. With his arm now free of the kappa he pulled it back out of the water he looked at it. It had a couple scratches but nothing serious he would go to the hospital wing after the maze. Then he lurched forward almost falling into the bog he had forgotten about the other kappa. "Accio cucumber" A cucumber came flying towards him. "Sculpta Gordon" Instantly Gordons name became ingraved on the cucumber, he chucked ti in the water the kappa swam to it. As fast as he could Gordon got out of the water. He turned around and said "Congelo creber" The water all froze over."lentesco" It looked like the ice had a thin layer of glue on it. "At least I won't slip" He said wearily. Gordon continued on excited to see what was next.



Sculpta = engrave
Congelo creber= Freeze thick
Lentesco= Sticky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
avatar

Female
Country :
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Age : 25
Location : Ra-Ra-Ra-Raaaaavenclaw Tower
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest :
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
93 / 70093 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Mon Jul 20 2009, 18:29

Hurray! You've passed your second challenge!

Gordon walks on over the ice, but before long there is a harsh scraping of metal on ice from below. Looking down he can see a ferocious merman - the bog had deepened underneath the ice, apparently - trying to cut through the ice. He is joined by more merpeople who make fast work of cutting through. The ice continues on beyond them and doesn't turn back into earth for a while, too far for Gordon to make a quick escape. Will he be able to appease the merpeople and get to safety before he falls through and is at their mercy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Hermionegeek123
1st Year
1st Year
avatar

Male
Country :
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 50
Age : 20
Location : The great white north
Real First Name : Gordon
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw the smartest of them all!!!
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Thu Mar 11 2010, 23:15

He heard them before he saw them. The Merpeople were scraping the ice beneath him! There was no quick escape in sight. "Maybe if I make a small hole in the ice I can hit them with a spell." He said thinking out loud, and brought out his wand. "carve-glacies-cavius." A hole was instantly carved in the ice. the merpeople scattered trying to avoid Gordon's line of fire. He aimed as best he could and fired over and over again. " STUPEFY....... STUPEFY....... EXPELLIARMUS..... STUPEFY." But they were too fast he couldn't hit them."Think...think...think...........OF COURSE IMMOBILIS." The merpoeple floated around underwater blinking furiously trying to move but can't. Gordon quickly started jogging towards land before the spell wore off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elana
5th Year
5th Year
avatar

Female
Country :
Regist. date : 2006-04-16
Number of posts : 7562
Age : 25
Location : Ra-Ra-Ra-Raaaaavenclaw Tower
Real First Name : Elana
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : RAVENCLAW!
Crest :
Wand : Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair
Award Bar :
93 / 70093 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Sat Apr 03 2010, 16:50

Phew! You passed your third challenge!

The merpeople soon regain their strength, but Gordon is out of reach. He makes it onto dry land before they can nab him. He continues on and finds himself in a long corridor. As he walks down the narrow corridor, red flowers begin to pop out of the hedges to either side of him. Gordon doesn't take much notice of them - pretty little flowers couldn't be dangerous - until one takes a snap at his shoulder. Stumbling, Gordon realizes that these aren't ordinary flowers - they're fanged geraniums! The carnivorous flowers had been hiding their teeth, but now fangs sprout from them all. There are so many in such a small, tight space! Can Gordon get away before he gets bitten?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theunlockedcloset.moonfruit.com/
Hermionegeek123
1st Year
1st Year
avatar

Male
Country :
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 50
Age : 20
Location : The great white north
Real First Name : Gordon
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw the smartest of them all!!!
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Fri Jun 25 2010, 21:15

"Oh shoot." He went through spells in his mind and found a spell that He thinks would work. "puteulanus unda - testimonium flamma" Bluebell flames shot out of his wand they spread over the fanged-geraniums. He sprinted away continuing the spell on all the flowers that came near him. Soon he had gotten away from them. Just so they wouldn't get at him. "Protego totalum." He said moving his wand in a motion so that the plants couldn't get past a certain point. "Protego Horribilis." He said with the same sweeping motion. "Protego Geranium." Same sweeping motion. He continued running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sashi
Ravenclaw Head of House : Charms Professor : 1st Year: Fairy
Ravenclaw Head of House : Charms Professor : 1st Year: Fairy
avatar

Female
Country :
Regist. date : 2008-09-26
Number of posts : 10475
Age : 26
Location : Fairy Meadow :D
Real First Name : Sashi
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : where wits are far beyond measure
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
203 / 700203 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Tue May 03 2011, 12:03

Nice! You passed your fourth challenge!

The fanged geraniums sought their ways to reach Gordon with their fangs as far as they can, but with the spells he casted over the plants, Gordon made it to pass through, that was really close, though. As he walked (or ran) deeper into the maze a loud crack echoed over the place Herbology seemed to be haunting the Ravenclaw as a Venomous Tentacula sprouted ahead of him reaching out its vines towards Gordon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dollgoddessloony.blogspot.com/
Hermionegeek123
1st Year
1st Year
avatar

Male
Country :
Regist. date : 2009-07-17
Number of posts : 50
Age : 20
Location : The great white north
Real First Name : Gordon
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : Ravenclaw the smartest of them all!!!
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
0 / 7000 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Tue May 17 2011, 21:01

The loud crack caused Gordon to jump to the ground and cover his head and neck with his hands but the sound of vines rising from the ground got Gordon to pull himself up to his feet. He looked at the venomous tentacula and, yet again, started panicking. He pulled out his wand and started firing any spell that came to his mind. "Explico!"(Unroot) One of them was yanked from the ground and went flying in the air but landed less than a foot away from him. "Ahhhhh!!" He screamed like a little girl. "Incedereo"(Cut) He said pointing at the dying plant in front of him, and the for good measure. "Praenium."(Explode) The little omnivorous plant exploded and Gordon was reminded of the current problem when the rest of it's kind pulled it's remains from Gordon's feet. "Oh... Umm.... Somnus?"(Sleep) But as the tentacula's had no sleep function they were unaltered by the spell. He then had a stroke of brilliance. "Avis." He said pointing his wand at the plants and with a loud bang a cloud of birds burst forth from his wand and surged towards the carnivorous plants. The Tentacula's went after the birds and gave Gordon a chance to creep silently past them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sashi
Ravenclaw Head of House : Charms Professor : 1st Year: Fairy
Ravenclaw Head of House : Charms Professor : 1st Year: Fairy
avatar

Female
Country :
Regist. date : 2008-09-26
Number of posts : 10475
Age : 26
Location : Fairy Meadow :D
Real First Name : Sashi
Warning :
0 / 30 / 3

House : where wits are far beyond measure
Crest :
Wand : Exam not taken
Award Bar :
203 / 700203 / 700


PostSubject: Re: Hermionegeek123   Tue Jul 26 2011, 01:21

Brilliant! you passed your fifth challenge!

With the tentacula distracted Gordon was free to continue on his course off deeper into the maze. Now on this part of the maze were hanging from the hedges' top down to the ground were vines here and there swaying as harmless as it seemed to be as the air blew. But these vines were no ordinary vines, they were Snargaluffs! Seems like Herbology's really up in haunting Gordon down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dollgoddessloony.blogspot.com/
 
Hermionegeek123
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harry Potter - The Hogwarts Experience :: The Hogwarts Experience Castle :: Third Floor :: Charms Classroom :: Through a Maze-
Jump to: